Luscious Limelight: Jessica from Books, A True Story talks about her author adventures!

After reading the first three books in Aprilynne Pike's Wings series, I went online to find out more about these awesome books that I had read in only two days. As I'm browsing her website, I noticed that she had a list of events she was going to and one of them was the Book Festival in Provo, Utah – only an hour away from me. And guess what? James Dashner was going to be there, too. You mean, instead of wondering about some questions I have about The Maze Runner, I can ask him personally? I've been shucked and gone to heaven.

James Dashner gave a presentation at the Book Festival and he described exactly what I was feeling. He saw authors as being like Abraham Lincoln – famous and dead. Judy Blume was an idol of his and it was surreal to him that he got to meet her in real life and have tea and cake with her. Same here, dude.

Authors are the best kind of celebrities to meet because they aren't recognized immediately like movie stars which makes them more approachable. It's like they get to be famous and grounded at the same time. I was first in line to ask James Dashner the question that had been bugging me and didn't seem to be in any of the interviews I looked at online.

“Do your books have religious undertones or is that just me?”

James Dashner replied that he got that a lot, but it wasn't intentional. And when I read the last book “I would think something.” Okay. I was curious before, but now I'm plain dying to read the last one.

I didn't have anything intelligent to say to Aprilynne Pike besides that her books were awesome and OMG we have the same kindle covers. She was so nice and it felt awesome just to meet her. The other great authors I got to meet were Ally Condie, Brandon Mull and David Archuleta. I don't know that David Archuleta is a “great author,” but I was still star struck. It's my goal in life now to meet as many authors as possible. I haven't had that much fun in years.

--
Thank you Jessica for this brilliant post. I really need to go meet some authors too! If you loved Jessica's post too then why not head over to her blog, Books: A True Story to get to see more of her work!
If you're a blogger and want to write a guest post just drop me a email at grippedintobooks(at)gmail(dot)com

5 comments:

  1. I love meeting authors! I'm lucky to live in a place where lots of bookstores have authors come visit. Aprilynne Pike was one of those authors a few months ago :o)

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica is so lucky!! I live about 2 hours away from the big city, and a lot of authors visit there and do signings, but I have no way of getting there and no one to go with. Hopefully someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm that same, well, I haven't met any authors (*sniff*) but I do think of them as like my own celebrities. Meet Johnny Depp? Yeah.. alright. Meet Pat Rothfuss? WHERE DO I SIGN UP?! My idols are authors, and you know (most of them) they are down to earth folk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait.. David Archuleta writes books? He does?

    What does he write about?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I do read every comment and appreciate them all :)

Please do not leave any personal information, such as your email address as they will be deleted immediately.

Happy Reading!